Operations Supervisor - Custom Print
This position reports directly to the General Manager of Custom Products and will be based out of the Paper Source Distribution Facility (7801 Industrial Drive, Forest Park, IL 60130). It will occasionally require travel to our Headquarters Office (125 S. Clark, Chicago, IL 60603) and vendor facilities.
The Operations Supervisor - Custom Print is a dynamic leadership role that will have a dual focus on delivering for current customers and improving processes within the Department. This individual should be a strategic-thinker that is excited & energized by problem-solving, as the specific tasks will evolve with the needs of the business. He or she will oversee ~6 full time Operational Excellence Team members, also partnering closely with cross-functional teams across the organization. Guiding principles will include driving to exceed the customer’s expectations with product quality and timing, building trust with the customer, and preparing the department to scale for growth.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Management & Communication
- Accountable for on-time delivery throughout the custom print lifecycle, partnering closely with in-house and vendor production teams
- Leads operational excellence team, including hiring, onboarding, training, and growing the team’s capabilities
- Manages daily activities of the operational excellence team, which include verifying orders, resolving price discrepancies, facilitating proof approval, and successful routing through production network
- Champions new product roll-outs within the team by mapping out new workflows and promoting adherence across various stakeholder groups
- Becomes an expert on Paper Source’s end to end Custom Print operations, driving to best-in-class KPIs and consistency, identifying opportunities to streamline processes and improve product timing and quality
- Collaborates cross-functionally to identify root causes and implement initiatives with our headquarters, customer service, internal production, and external production teams.
- Develops an understanding of technology challenges and partners with HQ and distribution center teams to roadmap improvements over time
- Work products could include SOPs, time studies, order tracking, cost-benefit analysis, labor forecasting, vendor contract changes, field communications, and internal training initiatives
Reporting & Forecasting
- Creates and maintains timing and quality reporting for operational excellence, vendor, and other teams, creating visuals and cadence for sharing that allows for effective in-season management
- Continually forecasts fluctuations in business and provides recommended solutions for fielding volume
- Enables data-driven decision making by reporting on core KPIs and performing ad-hoc analyses
- Embodies entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and creatively problem-solve
- Exudes leadership, motivating team members, celebrating successes, and coaching to excellence
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to drive to alignment and present with senior leadership, as well as maintain a voice of authority amongst vendor and other external partners
- Customer-centric, with the passion to serve every customer to the highest level possible
- Drives to results independently, developing project plans and timelines across stakeholder groups
- 2-5 years of experience in operations or management consulting; top ranked candidates with managerial experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office